Monday, December 1, 2008

daybook


to participate go here.
FOR TODAY December 1st!...

Outside my window...it is chilly and breezy, Mike and I walked this morning.

I am thinking...about our Christmas letter which is finally in the works.

I am thankful for...health.

From the learning rooms...we're going to attempt to get back in the swing of schoolwork at least for the next two weeks...we'll see.

From the kitchen...chicken soup cooked in the crockpot overnight. I made chicken for a meal for later in the week and then I had the stock and limp carrots and celery to use up anyway, so I threw it all in and let it cook...I might have it for breakfast. We still have mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes from Thanksgiving, they will show at a few more times this week.

I am wearing...jammies (again) and a Tigger sweatshirt.

I am creating...a creative Christmas letter.

I am going...to have to call the orthodontist when I finish with this because Madi has another loose bracket.

I am reading...One Tuesday Morning by Karen Kingsbury...I'll finish today. Then I have A Shepherd's Prayer for our Catholic bookclub and Tuck Everlasting for mother-daughter bookclub.

I am hoping...that my house will do a better job of keeping itself clean!

I am hearing...I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, Madi sang it at two different events this weekend.

Around the house...the tree is up and mostly decorated inspite of my desire to have the house clean before we got and decorated the tree.

One of my favorite things...It's a Wonderful Life, we watched it last night.

A few plans for the rest of the week:finish cleaning and decorating (is cleaning ever finished?), babysitting, attempting to educate my kids, driving to and from Theatre, AWANA, Youth group, Church Christmas Eve play rehersal, Christmas walk on Friday and Parade on Saturday and in the middle of those two things we are supposed to take part in our neighborhood yardsale Saturday morning...yes we are crazy!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...My parents at the big light up event...a Christmas tree lighting in the "sunshine state!"



1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I can't wait to read the Christmas letter--I hope I'm getting one! I loved Madi's hippo song--too cute! I'm with you on school. Trying to press through a few more weeks. We can do it!