Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Homemade English Muffins

Finally here's the english muffin recipe. I've been putting this off because I wanted to take a picture of the english muffin toasted with dark chocolate dreams peanut butter, but I always end up eating it too quickly!!


2 packages yeast (4 1/2 tsp)
6 cups flour (I used hard white)
1Tbs. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
2 cups milk
1/2 cup water
cornmeal



Grease 3 coffee cans. Put cornmeal in and shake to coat. (you'll want to remove the wrapper from the coffee can, ask me how I know this)

Mix dry ingredients with 3 cups flour. Combine milk and water in saucepan and warm. Do Not Overheat!

Add dry ingredients then the rest of the flour. Spoon into coffee cans. Sprinkle with cornmeal. Cover. Let rise for 45 minutes in a warm place.

Bake at 400°for 25 minutes.









4 comments:

crispy said...

How do you know this???

And, yummy. I am so proud of you.

Sonya said...

Okay! I must say that is amazing! Looks easy enough... What about that wrapper...?

Melissa said...

How cool! You have to write the wrapper story.

Julie said...

Well let's just say even if the wrapper looks like it is part of the can (as in painted on...I think it was in the old days)...it is plastic and you should remove it, otherwise it melts into a "shrinky-dink"-ish mess.