Wednesday, August 19, 2009

daybook vacation edition

For today August 19, 2009

Outside my window... Madi, Meme and Grampa Carlie, are on the deck, Jake is fishing from the dock, Jonathan is in the canoe, we are at a cabin in Georgia. We've made friends with a dog whom we are calling peanut butter, we aren't sure where she actually lives, but we're all having fun with her. She can climb up the ladder on the dock...I hope to get video of it.


I am thinking...about getting in the floaty chair and reading my book.

I am thankful...relaxation.

From the kitchen...eggs, bacon, and toast this morning, hot dogs on the campfire for lunch, spaghetti and salad for supper...and lots of snacking.

From the learning rooms...swimming in the lake, fishing, and canoeing, plus reading, games, and puzzles. Monday is the official "first day" for Jonathan and Madison, Jake will be on his 21st day!!

I am reading...The Midwife's Apprentice by Karen Cushman.

I am praying for... Mike's mother...besides the breast cancer (for which she hasn't had her surgery yet) she had knee surgery yesterday.



I am listening to... everyone talking...Madi: "Jake broke the fishing pole?" and "I'm gonna go in the canoe by myself", Jake: "Shoot I only unlocked Darth Vader" (he's gone from fishing to the gameboy). Jonathan: "I had to run up the hill, then back down to help Daddy unlock the lock on the canoe, and now I have to go to the bathroom".

Around the house...home...I'm trying not to think about it.
...here...cozy!

In our yard...here...we have a shady, rocky hill down to the beautiful, swimmable lake.
home...I think the weeds are making a comeback...also trying not to think about it.


One of my favorite things...relaxing.

I am "googling"...yesterday I googled the new stars for this season's Dancing with the Stars.

I am going...down to the lake momentarily.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Meme and Grampa Carlie leave in the morning, as of now the plan is for Madi to go with them. The rest of us stay here until Friday morning and then head to Atlanta where Mike has a work meeting (golf) and the boys and I plan to get much needed haircuts, and then get wheat berries at bread beckers, then we head home on Saturday.

In addition to starting school on Monday, I need to prepare for my Pampered Chef party which is Tuesday night...please come!!!

No pictures yet...maybe next time.

5 comments:

DebiH. said...

That sounds nice! I read The Midwives Apprentice a couple of years ago, good story!

Randi Sue said...

I read the Midwive's Apprentice. I can't remember much about it, but I know I liked it.

Shawnie said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful relaxing time....with I were there! Ask Jake why he left his wife behind....LOL!!

Tiffany said...

Hey--good to hear from you! Sounds like you guys are having a good time. Your mom's FB status said that you guys were staying in an A frame house. It was my dream to live in an A frame house when I was a kid.
Is the Midwive's Apprentice a young adult book? If so, I have read it too. I've decided to finish the "Take a Chance Challenge" with mostly young adult books like you've done. Much easier!

Cindy said...

floating around the lake with a book sounds like a good idea-hope you were able to do it!