Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Take a chance challenge #10



10. Movie/Book Comparison. Find a book that you haven't read that has a movie based on it that you haven't seen. Read the book and watch the movie within a few days of each other. Write about your reactions to both the book and the movie and compare the two.




I read the Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, and I liked it. It was a little confusing because it jumped back and forth in time, but once I got used to that, it wasn't too difficult to follow along. My one real complaint about the book would have to be the language. It was definitely explicit and crude. (close to X rated) The movie, on the other hand, is rated PG 13 and avoids the language of the book. That is one reason that I think this movie may be as good as the book (which we all know is almost never the case). The movie, like all movies, had to leave some things out, but I didn't really feel like anything essential was missing. The characters were portrayed very well, I especially liked the children in the movie. My husband and I both enjoyed the movie, and it is one that we will probably own someday. Overall I would recommend both the book and the movie (but for teenagers I'd only recommend the movie).

To see more take a chance challenge book-movie comparisons go here.

1 comment:

Jenners said...

I'm a little biased because this is one of my favorite books of all time! I just loved it ... and I haven't seen the movie yet because I'm nervous they are going to ruin it! : )