Thursday, November 25, 2010

Quick Thanksgiving post

It's Thanksgiving night and I'm getting my first chance to check blogs all week, I figured I'd do a quick post as well. We are at my parents' house having a very calm and quiet evening. I'm not generally a big Thanksgiving napper, but today I really wanted one. It hasn't happened yet, but I think that means I'm going to go to bed early (like 8 or 8:30 early). I am TIIRED! My father is asleep on his bed and Mike is laying on another bed, my mother has been dozing, and the kids are watching Cake Boss. Mike and the kids and I delivered 41 Thanksgiving meals to shut-ins this morning. It was a great experience, something we've talked about doing for years. We will definitely do it again! We camped a few nights earlier in the week, and had a few quick trips to Disney, our passes are winding down and expire in a few weeks. We'd been hoping to get Universal passes next because the kids are chomping at the bit to get to Harry Potter World. It was looking like that won't be possible for a while, but Mike was talking to his brother who might be coming down in January and told him we would probably get the passes when he comes down, so we'll see...

Tomorrow is our 16th anniversary. Mike's been talking about early black Friday shopping, I think we will go, but not terribly early. The kids are performing in a "light up" show tomorrow evening (and another on Saturday) and then Mike and I have late dinner reservations in France (EPCOT) tomorrow night, so tomorrow is shaping up to be another typical full full day where we try to squeeze everything out of life. I better try to sleep while I can! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I wondered about the meals-that's great-I didn't think you guys had done that before! sounds like you guys had a good turkey day!

Meme said...

Thank you for always making our times together so much fun...xx

Melissa said...

Thanks for the update!