Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday, another day, another blog post

Today I again got up around 7:30.  I had pumpkin chai tea to drink (and a pumpkin muffin to go with it).  Jonathan had to be up and out the door for an earlyish class.  Madi and Jake had to be up and out the door because it was St Vincent de Paul food pantry day.  Madi and I did read a chapter of history though.  We always toss Chemistry under the rug cause... CHEMISTRY!  But we always make history a priority because we both like it  (I was going to say love, but let's not get crazy!)  Mike was again working from home for the morning.  I spent a little time trying to get the loft to not look like the pig sty that it is (I have a long way to go), we moved a bookshelf from the loft into the corner of our room now known as Mike's office.  I started looking in my closet as a pre-packing experiment re: upcoming cruise.  I am missing a dress.  Where could it be?  I tutored from 9:45-11:45 and also touched up paint on that outside shelf.  (lots of shelf things today) 

At 11:45 I brought my student home and went to meet my friend Pam in the park for a picnic lunch.  Pam has cancer (Hodgkin's lymphoma) and is preparing for a bone marrow transplant.  (Pray for her and my brother Rob {stage 4 melanoma} they share a birthday, different year.)  From the park, I stopped in at the library.  I checked out a couple of Norway books for Jake, Uncle Tom's Cabin for Madi, and a young adult (kids?) book for myself, Savvy. 

When I got home Mike was on his way out the door, Jonathan had been home and gone again, and Jake and Madi had just gotten home and were eating lunch.  Very soon it was time to bring Jake to band because early release Wednesday means band is an hour earlier.  I sat in the car line listening to the Busted Halo Show on the Catholic Channel and checking social media.  I also read the latest issue of the local made by kids for kids magazine.  Madi has a picture in the photo contest.

When we got home it was just after 3:00.  I encouraged Jake to get something like schoolwork done for a little while, but of course when boy next door rang the bell, I told Jake he could go out and play.  Packing food for people in need for 4 hours and then an hour of band will be school for today (and an hour of religious ed tonight too!)  I noticed that one of our many pumpkins was getting a soft spot, so I cut it up and popped it into the crock pot.  We already have two large containers of freshly cooked pumpkin in the refrigerator.  While I was doing that, Madi had me quiz her on vocabulary words for her art class (she is dual enrolled at the local state college taking Sociology and Art) (She has an art quiz tomorrow).  I also made her a grilled cheese because her "lunch" was carrots and pretzels and she will not be home until 8:00 tonight. 

Now it is 4:30.  In an hour Jake and I will head to the church for a meeting about an upcoming fundraiser for Pam.  (maybe Jake will do some schoolwork then)  Then I will teach 9th grade religious ed.  As soon as it ends I will head to Starbucks where Mike will take Jake from me and I will visit with one of our first friends from here who now lives in Colorado, but is here helping her elderly mother. 

Again, no pictures.  I am due for an upgrade on my phone and desperately need it, but I have to make the time to go to the Verizon store.  My current phone camera is pretty bad and only works about half the time.  I definitely want a new phone before the cruise...maybe tomorrow.

To read about other Wednesdays go to Team Whitaker.

No comments: