1. The kids have been doing kids' college this week and are loving every minute of it. Jake is there for 2 classes in the morning, then he and I get some hang out time until it's time to get the other two (they have 4 classes each). I'm in the car a lot with this arrangement, but since my love affair with my ipod has not faded, it's not too bad.
2. I'm attempting to not talk on the phone while driving anymore. (It is legal to still do that here not like CT) My reason is this... we will have a new driver in the family fairly soon and he needs to plan on not talking while driving (EVER!), so I need to set a good example!
3. Speaking of phones... we've been planning for weeks to get rid of our home phone. It has actually been unplugged for about a month. We've adjusted well to not using it. The problem was our internet service (a major necessity around here) was provided by the phone company. Without the phone that cost was going to drastically increase. We aranged to get a different internet provider, but this would not be a quick take if I explained how that went, suffice it to say we are staying with the phone company, and basically the cost would be the same with or without the phone, so technically we still have a home phone (although at the moment it is still unplugged).
4. I really can't stand dealing with things like changing phone services. I love saving money though!
5. We also planned to get rid of TV service, but figured that would only be temporary. In the end we ended up with a much cheaper plan and has some pretty interesting channels on it, that we didn't have with our bigger plan.
6. Jake and I saw Toy Story 3 for the second time the other day. This time in 3D... I cried again!
7. Time to get back in the car for the afternoon pick up. Then we are attempting getting passports for the kids (we're hoping a cruise is in our family's not so distance future and the cost of passports in going up on Tuesday). Then Madi has rehersal for You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, she is Peppermint Patty.