1. I can't seem to get myself in gear as far as a creative blog post is concerned, so how about seven quick takes? There, one down!
2. The kids are going to Theatre in a few minutes. Auditions for Beauty and the Beast are next Tuesday. Jake wants to be Chip. Madi wants Belle or Mrs. Potts. I'm not sure what Jonathan wants, I don't think he's sure either.
3. The bad news is the yummy and inexpensive ice cream place that is right next to the "new theatre" just went out of business! The worse news is that we just got a $40 gift certificate from there for Christmas! The better news is, the lady gave me $40 in cash when I went in there to dispute the whole thing.
4. Mike's brother is here for the weekend. After Jake's basketball game tomorrow, we are heading to Universal Studios and Harry Potter World.
5. My word of the year (HOME) seems to be working out pretty well for me so far. We're having a fairly lazy month. Actually we are on our second out of state visitor and the kids are doing well with chores and schoolwork, so compared to a lot of families that may not be considered lazy. We are however sleeping later than normal (or even socially acceptable) a lot of mornings and we are far far more laid back than our "December run around like chickens with our heads cut off selves".
6. Jonathan got his Learner's Permit on Tuesday! I can't believe it either!! I have no idea where the time is going. For some reason his first 15 years have gone by about 10 times faster than my first 15 years did! This is why we are attempting to slow time down by slowing ourselves down.
7. The car just pulled up that will take my three kids to theatre and leave me with a cute baby to play with for a few hours so I better run!