Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday Daybook

Around the house...

I am listening to Jake and Grandma Marge try to figure out a new game. We had a busy (even by our standards) weekend and the laundry that was as caught up as can be on Friday is overwhelming again. There is a puzzle on the table in the front room that hasn't had any new pieces added all week. Jonathan is working on virtual school right now and Madi is in the shower.



In the school room...

The microscope is on the counter and Grandma got to see some leaf and banana cells. Jake, Madi and I started reading Bonanza Girl today. Last week we read Bound for Oregon and loved it. Madi is still enjoying Sonlight core 100 and the co-op finally started back up last week. Madi's science is down to four girls (including her) and is not meeting this week because two of them couldn't come. She is almost done with the first semester of Spanish. Jonathan is currently writing a poem about Jerusalem for History, he will finish the first semester before our cruise in two weeks. He's on semester 2 in Spanish and English, and has a lot of work to do in math and Biology. Jake's done for the day having completed spelling, lanuguage, math, and History (and even a little high school biology aka microscope). We are having a great time enjoying all there is to learn on khanacademy.

To remember...

MLK day we are not "off" from school but will be watching this that I remember from my school days.


On the table...

We introduced Grandma to our homemade donuts this morning. We had leftover pizza and calzone for lunch and will be back to e-mealz for dinner. Potatoes are in the crock pot and chicken is thawing in the sink.


In the plans...

Heading to the verizon store so Grandma (who is on our plan) and Madi can upgrade their phones. I don't think I have enough patience to stick around while they research this so I will opt to take two year old Landon (who will be with us this afternoon) and Jake to Publix while they do their reseach. Yes, shopping with a two year old is really the easier of these two choices!!

Jake and Madi have choir later.

Jake and Madi have audtions for theatre (80's Follies) tomorrow, Jonathan is just doing tech for this show.

Grandma goes home Wednesday, and Jake goes to the orthodontist.



On the road....

We could not get anyone to take our timeshare week for the maintenance fee, so for $50 extra dollars we moved it to March when we will be able to go.

Two weeks from today we'll be on our cruise ship ready to set sail!!


Word of the week....

I'm thinking patience is a good word for this week.



Prayer for the week....

Our priest when I was growing up always prayed for "Patience and for Peace, in our hearts, in our homes, and in the world", that about covers it.

5 comments:

ann marie said...

Love that prayer.

DebiH. said...

I need that prayer pasted in every room in my home!

DebiH. said...

Is pasted a word ? As in paste? How about taped? glued? Now all of these words look like they are not spelled correctly to me. Maybe it is just too late tonight!
Anywho...that prayer certainly covers it all and I need to be reminded to pray it ALL DAY!

Tiffany said...

I still need to check out Khan academy. I'm sure Joe would love it. He and I watched some videos on the kids National Geographic site yesterday and he was all into those.
I've had a puzzle on my table for 4 days that I haven't started--just separated out the edges. Just a sad pile of edges waiting to be started.

Cindy said...

Love the microscope work-we were thinking of getting one for Tucker (a cheaper one)!