Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Daybook at night

Tiffany and Cindy both did a daybook yesterday and the peer pressure got to me!

For today...Wednesday Sept 5

On My Mind....so much to do, but getting up early is taking a toll on me and I won't be doing any of it tonight!

Outside My window...it is dark, but Jonathan is at a rehearsal for a show he is stage managing and won't be home for hours. Thankfully he is riding home with a trustworthy adult so I can fall asleep anyway.

What We're Reading...I'm reading Homecoming by Cynthia Voight. Interestingly enouh I just finished Come Home by Lisa Scotoline, but they have nothing to do with each other. Jake and I are reading Little Town on the Prairie. All three kids and I are reading Michael Vey the Prisoner of Cell 25 (I read it already). Jonathan is reading/ listening to The Scarlet Letter for both English and History. He's also already done The Great Gatsby and the Cruicible for English. Madi is reading To Kill a Mockingbird (again) with her English class and teen trash (Pretty Little Liars series) for pleasure.

What we're Listening to...I've finally gotten Mike hooked on audiobooks for his commute, he just started The Hunger Games. The kids and I listened to The Watsons go to Birmingham 1963 last week. It is Madi's first bookclub book of the year. Before that I had the kids listen to The Walk by Richard Paul Evans (he also wrote Michael Vey), now we have Miles to Go to start. (I've read all three and am eager for the 4th, but I don't think it comes out until April), Mike listened to all three recently.

What We're Watching...We're trying to control our Seinfeld addiction, I'd especially prefer that we don't keep turning it on during lunch, but Jake's concern was that he might starve if he can't have lunch with Jerry. I love The Big Bang Theory before bed, but Mike prefers the news (which is a terrible thing to fall asleep to!!)

From the kitchen...we had the yummiest meal tonight... boneless pork loin ribs in the crock pot, corn on the cob, watermelon, and crescent rolls!

Around the House...too much mess!!

Praying for... health for a lot of nice people.

Coming Up This Week...Disney's Night of Joy!!!

1 comment:

ann marie said...

So many things happen in my day that end up making me think of a Seinfeld episode. We read Scarlet Letter last year and it created some interesting conversations! As insane as it sounded while we were reading it, we kept coming up with current examples of extremism until the kids just came to the conclusion that the world has always been and will always be full of loons :) If you are ever looking for a good historical book about the Depression read the Worst Hard Year. Similarities between the Dust Bowl and what happened to Florida and the real estate market recently were remarkable. Again, the recurring theme with my kids was "when will people learn!"