Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Little Boys

I realistically have about 5 minutes to write this. I currently have a 4 month old baby boy nestled on my bed, he is content for only the moment. I have a 2 1/2 year old enjoying bristle blocks on my floor. This is the first time I've shared these with him, and he is enjoying them. I probably have about 10 minutes with him before he is looking for something else to do. There is a half eaten lollipop and an episode of The Backyardagains with his name on them downstairs. My own baby boy is only days away from "double digits", he is outside with the neighbors, but will need to come in and eat very soon because he is going to an extra theatre rehearsal in a little while. My first baby boy turned 17 last week. As if that weren't enough he took the SATs on Saturday and we went to a college fair on Monday!! How did this happen? One day they are making trains with blocks and pooping in their Mickey pants and the next day they are considering higher education. How did this happen? I'm glad I get to spend time with these little boys have an opportunity to remember what those early physically exausting early days of parenting were like. It gives me a little rest from the mental exhaustion of raising kids that are growing up!

No comments: