2. Madi got her schedule yesterday at orientation! That was a huge prayer answered. When we walked into the cafeteria at four minutes before the event was to start it was already packed in there and the guidance counselor and assistant principal were going on and on about how they did their best to get everyone's schedules, but some people, especially new kids, might not have them yet. She did!! Yay!!! And it is mostly great! She starts her day with Art and then Chorus. The only glitch in the schedule is that she is in regular Geometry instead of Honors. She filled out a request to change that, and my current prayer is that she can switch without it messing with the rest of the schedule (and all of the teachers we've already met). An option would be to do Geometry Honors on virtual school, which would mean she could even leave school early. The downside to this is that I'd still have to be the nag who says, "did you do your Geometry?" instead of the nice mom with cookies. We'll see what happens next week. They said sophomores might not get their requests addressed until the end of the week. In the meantime, she might find out that the regular class isn't so bad and no one will try to sell her drugs or anything.
3. Jonathan starts three new dual enrollment classes on Monday. He walked around at the school today to make sure he could find all his classrooms. He is taking another English class (Literature composition I think), a math class (so I can stop hounding him about the Teaching Textbooks Pre Calc that he hasn't come close to finishing), and Intro to Theatre Arts (which he could probably teach ;) )
4. Mary has two Chinese friends here visiting right now. I let them eat grapes up in her room. (Her room is Jake's room and it is so spacious and clean without all his stuff in it). Jake's room is now the loft and it is as cluttered as ever! (Not ENTIRELY his fault.)
5. Little Mermaid pics...
6. I have a new baby cousin in CT! He is my cousin Allie's baby.
Is he cute or what?? His name is Kade Matthew and he will be three weeks old tomorrow. I don't get to meet him until Thanksgiving.
7. School orientation pics...
Looking for more to read, go see Jen at Conversion Diary, I was the 156th person to link to that today!