Saturday, May 10, 2014

One hot mess on a Saturday morning

I sometimes feel like I'm turning into one of those grandmotherly emptynesters who really has no place blogging.  This may be because, aside from people I actually know, pretty much all the blogs I read are written by young, Catholic moms with lots of cute little kids.  If I had it to do all over again, Mike and I would have made some different choices and we'd have had a housefull too.  Well we still have a housefull, but in a different way (there are currently three Chinese teenage girls sleeping upstairs).  Anyway, this isn't about that.  It's really (I think) going to be about how I really continue to have good intentions about blogging even though I'm really not living up to those intentions.  I'm thinking about becoming a regular on some of these popular (and not as popular) linkups that are out there in the little world that is the Catholic mom blogosphere.  I no longer have toddlers (except for the two that sometimes come here to hang out once every two weeks or so, I had them for seven hours on Tuesday and there are still some lingering reminders of their visit...but none of the mess that I'm going to show you can be attributed to them) or anything close to that young, but our house still often looks like I do.

These are just the messes that I can see from my current spot on the couch.  This and the fact that I am still losing sleep because of my offspring (Jonathan will be working at Disney until 1am tonight and then will have the hour ride home, I will have one eye on the clock and will be expecting him to pull in the driveway promptly at 2:07.) means even without toddlers, my life is still ONE HOT MESS.  So trying to get in the swing of things I am linking up with Blythe and friends to share some of my story.  Maybe some toddler moms will even stop by here and see what life is like for us "old ladies".  Without being one of those women who says enjoy every minute when your four kids are screaming in the grocery store, I can still illustrate that it does go way faster than you think, and suddenly you find yourself two weeks away from having a highschool homeschool graduate, with two kids that drive (and work outside the home {emphasis on outside the home}), and an 11 year old who will be taller than you before you know it. 
 
 

6 comments:

oneblessedmamma said...

I'm right there with you on wanting to blog more, but not getting it done :-).

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Liz Luscomb said...

Oh stop it, you're not old! Lol! I've been trying to be more intentional with my posting as well as the expansion of my blog lately. We'll see if it's meant to be!

Tiffany said...

I read one toddler blog--Camp Patton and thoroughly enjoy it. I think that the blog world is definitely lacking in honest, living real life with teens blogs. Part of the problem is that it is much more important to protect your teen's privacy than it is to protect your toddlers. But, with that said, I think that you have a lot of wisdom about teens and parenting older children and marriage and life and you should share! :0)

Kirsten said...

Hi Julie, I have been meaning to comment on your blog forever! I always read blogs on my iphone and for whatever reason blogger won't let me comment on my phone! Weird huh? Anyway, I know all about no time to blog. It is not like the old days. The big kids kind of dictate my schedule now.
We are not old. We are not old. We are not old. ;0)
I miss you!! (((Hugs)))
Love,
Kirsten

ann marie said...

Write, please!! I like toddlers blogs just fine. All well and good and cute, but we know the real meat of life really comes a bit later, so please, try and come up with something because I wanna read what "old" people have to say. I want the meat! Toddlers are all cute and awwww and I love them but I need something more. For the record, you are not old because if you were that would make me old and next week I'm going to be 45 and I feel nowhere neear close to it. You are really only as old as you feel (and as old as people think you are.)If this shows up as greg hacic, no worries...I'm on his laptop and I'm not sure if I properly logged out of his account.