2. Jake's public school experience is coming to an end (at least for a while). It has been a good year. The culmination of his reading of the 15 sunshine state books is this afternoon when he gets to go bowling. He's been waiting all year for this, the kid gets to go to Disney on a regular basis, but this reward of bowling during school hours for reading these books has been a huge dangling carrot for him all year. Anyone who read at least 10 of the 15 books also had a special party on Wednesday where they got special lunch and played a trivia game, answering questions from the books. Jake's team won, and of course he assured me, without his teammates he still would have won.
3. Jake will homeschool next year, but he will also tryout the public middle school band. We will visit the band room and meet the director next week and Jake is signed up for bandcamp the first week after school gets out. Maybe he'll follow in this guy's footsteps.
4. Speaking of that guy, could this girl be anymore beautiful?
5. A huge tent is currently being set up in our back yard for graduation celebration part dos.
6. Jonathan was awarded a scholarship from the women's guild at our church. This is a big honor, and we couldn't be more grateful, but twice I've gotten phone calls from women about this and they are pretty confused. One of them was certain Jonathan's essay was about wanting to be a railroad engineer (umm no!), and today someone called to find out how to send the money to Lake Sumter, it is looking like that is where he will continue next year before finishing his degree at UCF, but all his paperwork says UCF so there is some mixing of applications going on over there. I'm fairly certain Jonathan is indeed the rightful recipient of this, and a generous parishioner has matched the amount for another deserving senior, but I will breathe easier when the money is officially in the correct account.