1. Mike got a job!! Technically he got offered two jobs this week after a very slow summer in the job availability department.
2. We have gone to Disney's Night of Joy for the last 6 years. We had all intentions of going this year as well, and Mike's brother from Connecticut was even going to be joining us with his new girlfriend. They bought their tickets weeks ago. We did not. Between no job etc, we knew at least some of us would go but hadn't gotten around to buying tickets. Plus Jonathan works there so there was the whole should he pick up shifts for that night? Does he get in free? etc...etc... anyway... he picked up support shifts which means he should be working near one of the tomorrowland stages and maybe meet some performers...cool! We didn't attempt to buy our tickets until the 2 job offers were on the table and guess what...sold out!!! EEnyway... we have connections (and a funny coffee story for you, Ann Marie!) and we got tickets at least for tonight. In the meantime here's a little stroll down memory lane...
3. Why do I always blog when it's almost time to get Jake to band? Time to speed things up a bit.
4. Rob has been doing so much better on his new treatment, but this week has been really rough, he's had a fever and had to go off the treatment for a few days. Prayers are always appreciated.
5. We had two awesome weeks of school and then this week happened. The first job offer (the one he is not taking) brought me and Mike to Atlanta on Monday-Tuesday which meant less school happened without mom. Then Wednesday Jake and Madi joined other homeschooled youth from our parish for some food pantry work...better than school, but still leaves school undone.
Thursday was I don't even know what and today Madi and her coworkers took their boss out to lunch. We won't fall behind, we won't fall behind...say it with me.
6. I have big plans of at least documenting some of our homeschool year on here, but time is running low so that won't be today.
7. "Grandma" (Mike's mother) moved down here last month (she bought a house down here two years ago), her house is getting all kinds of fixed up (tile, paint...), but we are on day 36 of her sleeping at our house... 'nuff said.
Join Jen who's going to have her own show on The Catholic Channel for more takes.