Monday, November 10, 2008

Daybook


FOR TODAY November 10th...

Outside my window...The sky is clear and blue, it is starting out chilly.

I am thinking...that I really enjoy Monday mornings.

I am thankful ..."blogger" automatically saves posts because we just had a power surge and I was afraid I'd lost all of this!!

From the learning rooms...Jonathan and Madison are on week 12 of 1850-Modern times, looks like we'll be learning about James Garfield, Chester Arthur, Grover Cleveland, and Benjamin Harrison. I also plan to do a lot of art this week. Jonathan is on target to finish his math book by Thanksgiving, so he can get the last two Singapore Math books done this year. Jake is on Day 54 of MFW 1st grade.

From the kitchen...Salmon tonight, although I'm not sure I really like it and don't know how I'll cook it. I also plan to make some bread and pumpkin muffins today. I'm not thrilled with my bread yet. For the rest of the week pork tenderloin with a new kind of green bean casserole that was the Publix advertised meal this week, tater-tot casserole, and lots of other options, our freezer is stocked up!

I am wearing...Red flannel jammies that I bought a Goodwill this summer and can finally wear.

I am creating...arts and crafts with the kids this week (at least I plan on it).

I am going...to try to go nowhere today...we'll see how long that lasts!

I am reading...Rome Sweet Home by the Hahns, The Gift by Richard Paul Evans, The Witch of Blackbird Pond (still), and Junie B and still lots of Berenstain Bears with Jake.

I am hoping...I can really stay home today.

I am hearing...Jake and Jonathan eating breakfast and sneaking in a few minutes on the Wii.

Around the house...there's always lots to do.

One of my favorite things...a calm week.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Jake and Jonathan desperately near haircuts, Today I hope we stay home and get tons of work done, Tomorrow same as today plus Theatre, Wednesday night is our marathon bring Madi to Theatre at 4, bring Jake to AWANA at 6, Jonathan to Youth Group at 6:30, pick up Madi at 7 and bring her to AWANA, pick up Jonathan at 7:30, pick up Jake and Madi at 8:00...only a few more weeks like that thankfully! Thursday we babysit and get our teeth cleaned (at the same time), Friday night I am helping out for Madi's AWANA sleepover-spa night, should be fun.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Our "great grandmothers" in 2006...they are all in Heaven now.



To particpate in the simple woman's daybook, go here to this new location.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

There's a lot you can do with salmon--my favorite though is to put it on a baking stone, pour olive oil on it and salt it and then bake about 30 minutes on 350 until it is flaky. I'm also thankful for a calm week! I'm going to try to mostly stay home, we'll see how that goes.

Melissa said...

I'm cooking the Publix pork tenderloin and green bean casserole this week too.

crispy said...

Sorry you don't like the bread yet. It will come. Don't give up. Maybe we can do another bread class with some new items.

Kirsten said...

We had green bean casserole tonight and we had it on Saturday also. There green bean casserole is just as good as homemade. I hope you were able to stay home today. It sounded like you really wanted to and the pictures of your Grandmothers are so sweet. They remind me of my own :0)

Unknown said...

How did the Salmon turn out? I'm impressed with you trying it!

Julie said...

I made the salmon just like Tiffany suggested and it was really good...all three kids ate it (there was a little grumbling, but still they ate it).

The problem with my bread is my old machine, it doesn't mill the flour fine enough.