Thursday, July 28, 2011

Bread recipe

Enough people have asked me for my bread recipe lately that it makes sense to put in on here so it is easy to point people to it in the future. Let me be perfectly clear though, it is not MY bread recipe, it comes from Bread Beckers.

1 1/2 cups hot water
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp salt
1 egg (optional, I always use it)
2 Tbsp Lecithin
1 tsp gluten (optional, I always use it)
4- 4 1/2 cups freshly milled flour
1/2 cup ground flax seed (optional, I usually use it)
1 Tbsp Yeast

Combine water, oil, honey, salt, and egg. Add Lechithin, gluten, half the flour, and flax. Mix thoroughly. Add yeast and the rest of the flour, enough to make a soft dough. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 5-6 minutes). I do this in my Kitchenaid mixer with the dough hook. Cover and let rise for about an hour. Spray bread pans, shape into pans, cover, and let rise again (about another hour). Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

No comments: