Saturday, July 9, 2011

Chit chat

I'm sitting here trying to decided if I'm going to have a bowl of ice cream or not (cookies n cream) and I figured I might as well blog while I decide.

Ok change of plans, the reason I was sitting around trying to decide about ice cream is that I thought I had to be up for another hour and a half waiting to pick up Mr Lightman Jonathan at the theatre, but I had barely started typing when I got a text from him saying I could get him now. My very wise son decided to leave during intermission because A-he wasn't actually running the lightboard tonight, B-he needed to finish packing for the mission trip tomorrow, and C-sleep might not be such a bad idea either since on said mission trip they have to get up every morning at 6:15.

Did you ever answer the phone and feel like the person on the other end was already in the middle of the conversation before you could even register who they were or what they were saying? Sometimes I think my blog is like that. I'm going along talking about lightboards and mission trips assuming you the reader already know about the current focal points in our family right now. Since I'm pretty sure I've not picked up a new reader in the last few years and most of you (all?) of you know us in real life, I think I've made a pretty safe assumption (is there a p in that word? {yes there is because I just spell-checked it}).

So here I am still no ice cream, but now no need to stay up because the little chicks are in for the night. Well the big chicks are. The little chick is staying at Meme and Grampa Carlie's house for a few days. Yes, so if you've been following along (on my conversation that I jumped right into before you even answered the virtual phone), Jonathan and Madi leave for their mission trip tomorrow and Jake is at "camp Meme and Grampa Carlie". This means I will have some quiet time at the beginning of the week (and Mike and I will have quiet time tomorrow). I'm not sure what I will do with myself. I have a lot of things I'd like to accomplish like possibly actually making a pseudo-lesson plan for the first time in over a decade of homeschooling, but I also have a good amount of books to read and some puzzles to do. I just today finished a really great baseball puzzle (and it is available for loan).

The kids had their homeschool evaluations today so we officially have a 10th, 8th and 3rd grader around here. Jake went last, and he was a little nervous. Keep in mind this evaluation is basically just talking to a woman we've known since before Jake was born and showing her some of last year's work. He likes to play the shy card. He's not really shy per se, just uncomfortable talking to people one on one. When you combine that with the fact that he doesn't care a lick about what other people think, it can make Mommy a little nervous too. Well I kind of hung near the room where they were when it was Jake's turn and I heard him first talk about how he is more comforatble on stage than he is one on one with people. Then I listened to him go on to describe his favorite book "in which Dink, the main character, invites his favorite author to speak at the library. When the author doesn't show up, Dink and his friends must find out what happened to him...."

Sometimes I conjure up worries that are unfounded.

Time for some ice cream!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I love your meandering posts.

Cindy said...

me too! :)

Tiffany said...

I wish you would write more often...love your thoughts. Was the ice cream good? Also, I'm proud of Jonathan for coming home early even when he didn't have to.

ann marie said...

I've been off computer for a few days so I was glad to see this. I agree with Tiffany...write more. Anxious to hear about that church trip. Kate and Jane leave for "nun" camp soon. Jane is going to Georgia this year. Kate is still local. Also, I emailed you a little while ago. So go check :)