Friday, June 14, 2013
7 quick takes
1. Aside from life's general busyness one of the main reasons I've been such a stinky blogger is because I can't seem to skip lines, number things, and lay out my posts in a readable manner. I am attempting to manage that situation right now, as you read this you will know if I was successful or not.
2. Jonathan is registered for his first college course. He will be taking English Composition this summer. He had his orientation last night, he drove himself there in his new (used) car. I was unsure if this was supposed to be a parent/ student thing or students only, but he did fine on his own and is exercising his wings more and more every day.
3. Madi is enjoying her camp counselor job and between finishing this year's school work, work, and Hairspray rehearsals she is busy from the minute she gets up until the minute she goes to sleep. Generally speaking this is how she likes things.
4. I have taken to responding to people's inquiries about my kids going to school by not giving any more information than they ask for. If someone asks about Jake going to fifth grade, I'll give them all the info they ask for about him without going into Madi's high school plans or Jonathan's dual enrollment and vise versa. Our family is 100% comfortable in our plans for next year, but I'm getting very tired of the question "What are you going to do with all your free time?" I flip flop between saying that I'm going to clean my house for the first time in 18 years, and telling them what they are already implying... that I'm going to sit around eating bon bons all day. Interestingly it is often mothers at home with kids in school that ask me this question!
5. I'm currently listening to Jake practice his cantoring for Mass tomorrow. In the summer there is no choir, so the cantor leads everything. Tomorrow at 4:00 Mass that will be my ten year old son!
6. I'm teaching Jake's class at our church's VBS next week. I have yet to look at the material.
7. On Tuesday the kids and I were extras for Brazilian kids Idol at Disney's Hollywood Studios, it was a long fun day, and we came away with four free Disney passes. Brazil has some very talented little kids, and an entertaining but poor lip syncing Brazilian Idol. Jon Secada of 80s fame was one of the judges and sang this song.
Go here for more QTs.