Monday, August 4, 2014

Getting the word out AKA a day late and a dollar short

Here is the most important reason to get my blog "out there".  A friend of my brother Rob and his family has set up a fund for them.  Rob is my only sibling.  He is 40 years old and fighting stage 4 melanoma.  I was able to figure out how to put the linky donation thing on my blog so now so theoretically more people can actually see it, share it, and maybe help.  So today's version of getting out there is to link up with yesterday's Answer me this link up.  Feel free to skip my lame-o answers, but please consider clicking on the link about Rob and adding his family to your prayers.



1. When driving, are you more likely to listen to the radio, to CDs or an iPod, or nothing at all?

All of the above.  Today Jake has a doctor's appointment and we will finish listening to The Lions of Little Rock, which we are both enjoying, in spite of the fact that it has been checked out of the library for over 6 weeks and we are now incurring a 10cent a day fine for it and numerous other books and CDs.  I love our satellite radio and my go to stations are equal parts 80s on 8 and the Catholic Channel.

2. Do you prefer window or aisle?
Window.

3. Do you fall asleep on your side, back, or stomach? What position are you in when you wake up?
Side/side...both sides equally.


4. When is the last time you attended a zoo, circus, carnival, county fair, or parade?
I have not been to a circus since I was a child.  I'm kinda against circuses even though I'm really not an animal person, none of my kids have ever been to the circus, they've seen the Seinfeld episode with the circus enough times to get the idea though.  I don't think I've been to the zoo in a few years unless you count Animal Kingdom, Jake's class went on a trip to the zoo a few months ago though.  We have also not gone to the county fair in lots of years, it's cheaper (and better) for us to just go to Disney.  We skipped to 4th of July parades this year, so the last parades we've seen have also been at Disney, just before the summer blackout dates.

5. Do you have a favorite quote or inspirational saying?
Hmmm.  The first thing that came into my head was "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" (you have to say it in a Boston accent), but really my favorite would have to be " Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” ~ St Francis Yes I know people question if St Francis really said this, I'm going with if he didn't say the exact words, he certainly preached the sentiment.  And for good measure we'll go with one more St Francis...

6. What's the best thing about summer?

Theatre summer camp... Aladdin just ended yesterday...

No comments: