Wednesday, February 25, 2009

39 and a lot on my mind...

This is going to be one of those stream of consciousness posts. Yesterday was my birthday, and between facebook and going to Disney, I've never had so many people wish me Happy Birthday in my life (I got tons of phone calls too:). If only I could be that popular the other 364 days of the year. Madi made me a princess pin that said "today is my birthday" and then at Disney they gave me another birthday pin with my name on it, so everyone that passed by me said Happy Birthday...it was funny! Jonathan had them announce my birthday on the radio, and so one kid from Theatre heard that, which was pretty funny too. Because we still have seasonal Disney passes (for another week and a half only), instead of the "free ticket on your birthday" promotion I got a $75 gift card to be used on merchandise. I got some good stuff and will eventually get a picture on here, but that brings me to my next point--we are having trouble with our computer. It stopped working yesterday morning, and I've got it going now, but it is tentative at best. I am feeling very protective of it because, as you may have guessed, I'm alittle bit addicted to it and don't want anything bad to happen to it. The computer is not the only thing not working in our house though, the water from the refrigerator door is not working either! I'm also addicted to that, and had forgotten how bad the "sink water" tastes, so that is stressing me out too. I'm sort of just hoping it will start working eventually without any effort on my part. I really don't want to call for service because we've had service people out here WAY too much for a four year old refrigerator! Ugh!

Jake is still planning his own production of Beauty and the Beast, we've got OneBlessedMamma's kids here today and he's directing them now. If you live around here, you can be assured Jake has cast your kids in this production. The other day Jake and I were in the car alone and he was jabbering on and on about his show without even taking a breath..."I'm going to be the Beast, Wyatt is a narrator, Abby is Belle, two Hannahs are narrators, and where did you say the baby comes out of the mom?"...I think he was just trying to make sure I was paying attention. So we had a brief discussion about how babies are birthed, and his comment was "good thing boys don't have babies, the only thing that could come out of there would be ANTS!"

Today is Ash Wednesday, and I'm pretty sure Jake is the only person in the whole Church that didn't walk out of there with ashes today. He was behind me and apparently ducked out of the way just before the priest could give him the ashes. (he also limped up the aisle so awkwardly that he looked like he had special needs-- well he is special there is no doubt about that). Leaving church I was telling Madi I really didn't know what to do about him sometimes, her words of wisdom--"I'm glad he's not my son, so I don't have to worry about it". Jake is so unique, smart, and talented, I frequently say he is so good at everything...everything except 'people skills' that is. I sometimes console myself by thinking, for the most part my older two are polite and considerate, so hopefully no one blames me for his rudeness!

There is much more on my mind, but I've got 7 kids here looking for lunch, so I better go take care of that. As long as the computer holds out I'll be back!

5 comments:

crispy said...

You totally made me laugh about being special needs.

Again, happy birthday.

Eager to hear more that is on your mind.

Leisa said...

bwaaa..haaa...haaaa ANTS???

You just gotta love Jake!

Liv's been requesting time with the director, so maybe she will see him tomorrow at the park.

Debbie said...

goodness.ants? thats pretty cute!

KS_Mommie said...

Kids say the darnedest things!

Smith Schoolhouse said...

Jake is one funny kid- I love the ants comment.

about the computer- aren't you good friends with a computer geek's wife?