Monday, February 2, 2009

Daybook



FOR TODAY Ground Hog Day-- February 2, 2009

Outside my window...it is cloudy, so I don't think the ground hog will see his shadow.

I am thinking...about how great the Eagles concert was the other night (notice the new music), how thankful I am to be home, and especially how good it feels it is when everyone is healthy!!

I am thankful for...my home.

From the learning rooms...Oh so much to do, I am starting to plan for Jonathan's "high school" aaaaaaaaahhhhhh! We are starting a new science program today (God's Design for the Human Body) and also plan to order Apologia General Science and Physical Science to be done between this year and next. Also Jonathan should be on target to do Algebra 1 (Teaching Textbooks) next year. This is definitely getting more intense! Madi will probably do most of the science too. We're plugging along in History...getting close to WW1. Next year I plan to do Middle Ages (maybe with all three). Obviously I did a lot of thinking about this on our trip. Jake is on Day 83 in his curriculum.

From the kitchen...Tortellini Vegetable soup last night; Chicken Santa Fe, Tilapia, and Tacos are on the menu for this week as well as Chicken Tetrazini that I plan to make for Kirsten too. Plus lots of bread and baked goods once I break out my Wonder Mill!!

I am wearing...the same purple jammies a third week in a row, but this time I have a blue sweatshirt on too amd red fuzzy socks.

I am creating...plans for school work and meals, can you tell?

I am going...nowhere today, I think...

I am reading...Julie of the Wolves...it has to be done by Friday morning!!

I am hoping...to get in shape with the Wii Fit...it's a lot of fun so far.

I am hearing...Jonathan rustling his paper as he does his math behind me and Madi brushing her teeth.

Around the house...the usual laundry and clean up, but I hope to rest a little today too...the sickness on vacation cancelled out any rest we may have gotten.

One of my favorite things...music.

A few plans for the rest of the week: attempting to get back in the swing of things with the usual school work, babysitting, driving the kids everywhere etc.... maybe Disney on Thursday we'll see.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...The Eagles from row S section 222.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

It's always nice to get home after a vacation, isn't it?! Glad everyone's feeling better!

ann marie said...

That is so funny that you mentioned science. I have been spending a lot of time thinking about our science curriculum and the fact that we really haven't used anything. I was entering panic mode one day last week. This is not my area of expertise.

crispy said...

Fun new music.

And High School??? Already???

Julie said...

He won't be "in high school" for a year and a half, but I'm starting to think about it.