Monday, September 14, 2009

Daybook



For today...September 14, 2009

Outside my window...it is a little cloudy and breezy. It is slowly starting to get cooler and the air conditioning will be shut off soon.

I am thinking...about food because it is almost lunchtime and I'm hungry.

I am thankful...that my parents live close to us and kept Jake while the rest of us went to Night of Joy this weekend (they met us and hung out at the hotel Saturday evening and yesterday morning).


From the kitchen...I made blueberry cobbler this morning...much healthier than a poptart for breakfast! On the list this week...ravioli with green beans and pesto, baked potato soup, probably tacos, some kind of chicken, and maybe ribs.

From the learning rooms...Jake has another week of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs activities, today he made a food groups collage. He is on lesson 39 of Singapore Math 1 B and is reading very well.

Madi is enjoying her Astonomy Science, she has about two weeks left of her math (Singapore 4 B) and then will move into the next book.

Jonathan is reviewing the unit 2 in his science (Apologia General Science) and will have a test tomorrow. He has about 3 weeks to finish two different math books (Singapore 6B and a small "prealgebra" workbook then he will be starting Teaching Textbooks Algebra 1 (I've given his birthday as the deadline).

Jonathan and Madi and I are enjoying the Middle Ages, we're starting Chapter 4 of Story of the World Volume 2 today, they've taken a test after each chapter, and Madi got 100% on Friday's test.

I am reading... The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks; St Philip of the Joyous Heart to Jonathan and Madison; and Ramona the Brave to Jake.

I am praying...for Mike's mother who has her surgery on Wednesday

I am also praying... for the patience to listen more and talk less.

Here's a quote to ponder...Everyone should be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath. James 1:19

I am listening to...Madi "huffing" about her math.

Around the house...we were only gone for two nights and yet there's tons of laundry, suitcases, snacks, etc...to put away.

In our yard...it's all about maintaining now!


One of my favorite things...finding old friends on facebook.

I am "googling"...Fracesca Battistelli.


I am going...nowhere today (well except to take Mike to pick up his car at lunch--his tire was going flat) {and maybe to take Madi to church choir tonight if Mike doesn't get out of work in time}...around here those are as close to "going nowhere" as I'm going to get.

A few plans for the rest of the week...typical stuff, homeschool PE starts tomorrow, overall a fairly calm week and weekend ahead...I think!

Some picture thoughts...There's nothing like milkshakes at midnight!




Grandparents' Day breakfast with Meme and Grampa Carlie

2 comments:

Melissa said...

2 back to back Daybooks - you've been too busy to blog much too.

Cindy said...

Glad you had a good weekend. I completely forgot about Grandparent's Day! Nice pics, as usual!