Tuesday, December 28, 2010

So much to say, so little time!

Christmas was (is, actually because it's not over yet... today is just the 4th day of Christmas) fantastic!

Some of the highlights of Christmas Day in no particular order were:

Jake being excited about getting industrial size bottles of ketchup and ranch dressing (his two favorite food groups!)

The knowledge that we didn't have to get in the car the next day for a three week trip to the freezing cold north like we did last year. (Although it is pretty freezing here, I had to scrape my windshield with a credit card this morning)

Our pet this year is a healthy dog as opposed to the dying guinea pig we had last year (RIP Minnie!)

Our traditional low pressure Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with my parents.

Madi and the choir singing like angels at the 4:00 Christmas Eve Mass.

Madi and her friend Emma singing like angels with the adult choir at the concert before midnight Mass. (I didn't take pictures or video, but I'm on the lookout for some)

Jonathan got an ipod touch so he won't steal mine anymore.

Madi got the pogo stick she wanted and is taking lessons from Jake. Her record so far is 24, Jake's is 1010.

I got a "cruise" in my stocking, Mike and I set sail on January 24th!

I also got a machine that transfers videos to digital recordings, Jonathan is working out the kinks with it and our wedding video is currently stored on his laptop.

Jake got a director's chair and a "take clap board". (If you have a Jake age kid, get ready for some "Jake Acts" in the New Year!)


We got no phone calls on Christmas day (we made some!), but we did get three Christmas texts, we will be forced onto the texting bandwagon in the New Year (much to my daughter's delight!)

We (mostly Madi) got a lot of fun games and have been playing (and sometimes yelling) up a storm.

The Keurig coffee maker that we got from my parents.

Good health.

As excited as the kids were to open the many gifts they received this year, they are still even more excited for the rest of us to open the gifts they've gotten for us!

3 comments:

ann marie said...

Jane, Kate and I went to the midnight mass. We got there around 11:45 and must ahve missed the girls singing. By 12:30 I thought I was going to pass out. But it was neat being there at that time. I wish I had gotten there to hear them. Merry Christmas!

Julie said...

AM, Madi thought she saw Kate walk in, we were walking zombies leaving at about 11:45. At one point before they started singing I had a panic attack thinking Madi was asleep in the back of the choir! Once again, we missed each other!!

ann marie said...

Two ships passing in the night :) he he