Monday, September 17, 2007

there's no place like HOME!!

Well, we had a great vacation, but it is so wonderful to be home. We got home at 9pm last night. Today we had a lot of running around to do (preschool, homeschool PE, grocery shopping, Theatre...) so in between all of those things we're trying to get caught up with laundry, unloading the car, emails & blogs, etc.

To continue where I left off on Thursday night...Baby W was born, but not until 4:36 am on Saturday morning. It was a long day! He was 8lbs, 12oz and very cute! His sister cousin S got to be there when he was born (and I was too!), the other two cousins had gone back to the hotel with Mike and my kids, but were back at the hospital to see him just after he was born. Jonathan, Madi, and Jake got to come in and see him in the delivery room as well. This was the newest baby Jake's ever seen. So after about 19 hours in the hospital, I got to go back to the hotel and rest for a few hours and then we went back to the hospital to say goodbye and were on the road heading home by lunch. It topped off our very varied vacation nicely!

Baby W was born at the same hospital that Madi was born in, in the room right next door. It brought back a lot of good memories. I know giving birth is hard work, but for me the births of my three where among the best days of my life. Even though Madi was born in a hospital with a male OB, it was an amazing experience, I got to labor in the hot tub, met my first doula, and Mike got to catch Madi when she came out --it was not a medically managed birth at all. Unfortuantely for my only daughter, this was the only birth that we didn't have a working camcorder for so we have no video of Madi before about 4 months old. Thankfully Mike and I have good memories, and we tell family stories all the time. Also, Madi got to see the room she was born in.

In the next few days I plan to work on putting pictures of our trip on here for all to see. In the meantime, I've got more laundry to deal with.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to see some pictures!