Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Take a Chance Challenge #2



#2. Random Word. Go to this random word generator and generate a random word. Find a book with this word in the title. Read the book and write about it.

My random word was BAND.



I searched they keyword "band" on our library's website and found a young adult book called Garage Band by Gipi. It was terrible. It is wrtten in comic book form with pictures and "word bubbles". Luckily it only took me about an hour to read because it definitely wasn't worth any more time than that. On the binding there is a library sticker that says "graphic novel", at first I thought that was because it had 'graphics' (like pictures). Sadly though it WAS graphic with sexual inuendo, some references to drugs, and one of the main characters may have been a Nazi. Truthfully, I'm not sure that I "got" a lot of the book, but basically it is about 4 teenagers who start a band and need a place to practice. This challenge is getting me to broaden my reading horizons a little, but I most certainly give Garage Band two thumbs down....NEXT!

to see other random word entries go here.

1 comment:

Jenners said...

Well, I guess they can't all be winners. At least it didn't take too much time to read.