Friday, February 12, 2010
7 quick takes
1. It looks like I have a new routine here with these seven quick takes. The last few days have been exhaustingly busy...even for us, and this is a good quick way to get some updates on here.
2. Just a few examples of how busy it has been...yesterday we had schoolwork, a friend over to bake bread, babysitting, homeschool PE, and THEN a trip to meet more friends at Hollywood Studios!! Today it is only 8:30 am and Jonathan already has a friend here because their golf plans got rained out. Madi has an acupuncture/chiropractic appointment in a little while, I hope to sqeeze in some schoolwork, and Oh...we might end up with about 50 kids here later because the same rain that ruined the golf game will most likely be ruining park plans as well. Then there's Theatre and maybe a Valentine date for me and Mike this evening. (on a side note I still laugh everytime people tell me their kids go to a "school building" school because they are so sociable...if my kids ever end up in a school building, it could very well be because we need to cut down on our socialization...we need "friends annonymous" or something)
3. There is a slight chance of snow flurries around here this weekend.
4. My kids are NEVER cold! I've been cold for weeks. Madi and Jake walked around Disney last night without ever putting their jackets on (the ones I made them bring!) I had on three layers, gloves, and a scarf!
5. I am going to be 40 in less than two weeks. The idea of turning 40, doesn't bother me, but I just realized I think I'm going to miss being in my thities. We'll see. In the last few years I've thrown two 40 year old birthday parties at my house in the hopes of getting a party for my birthday. Mike's birthday is three days after mine, so it just doesn't seem right for us to throw each other a party. I don't think I'll be getting an actual party, but when we walked in to our house after three gruelling weeks on the road, and my wonderful friends had put all of our Christmas decorations away, I considered that better than a party! (thanks again you guys!)
6. Jake and Madi raced cars in the AWANA grand prix the other night. They both won their first races! I don't think any of our kids' cars had ever won a race before so that was pretty exciting. I will get some pictures on here eventually.
7. I'm up to seven already?! I did my presentation on the Sacrament of Baptism for my Catholic Faith Study. I think it went pretty well. There was a ton of information and the hardest part was sorting through it all to hit on the most important points. It is a huge relief to be done though, and now I can relax and enjoy all of the other topics.
To read more "seven quick takes" go here.