Friday, October 8, 2010

Harvest Spice Muffins

I found this recipe when I was "blog hopping" and made these last night. YY--UUMMM!!

We didn't have the baby food so I used apple sauce.

3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon baking power
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup pear baby food
1 cup squash baby food
3 teaspoons vanilla

Sift together dry ingredients. (I use a giant whisk). In separate bowl, beat eggs; add oil and sugar; cream together. (I do this in my Kitchen Aid stand mixer.) Stir in pears and squash and vanilla. Add dry ingredients; mix well. Spoon into 24 muffin cups (sprayed with Pam or lined with paper cups). Bake for 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Test with a toothpick or cake tester.

I just mixed some cream cheese with vanilla, milk and powdered sugar for a little frosting to make them extra yummy. They are good without the frosting too (well, according to Mike they are, I only had them with frosting:)!)

1 comment:

ann marie said...

Yum! I have to try these. This is perfect weather for them.