1. I'm getting a little click happy with all of the Lenten ideas floating around the webs (and I recommend that you click on the ones I shared yesterday if you haven't already), but this post is probably my favorite because it's all about being kind to yourself and doing less. (Remember less is my theme for the year.) Plus this lady has an amazing story, an amazing blog, and a book coming out very soon. Check her out!!
2. Still talking Lent, but I'm going to call this one #2. I feel a little "cheat-ish" when I say that one of the things that I'm doing for Lent is only drinking water and tea, like if I were really holy, I'd only drink water. On the other hand when I'm being gentle with myself and point out that I won't be drinking soda, hot chocolate or coffee drinks it seems like a bigger deal. Also I'm now thinking I may drink wine. I really hardly ever drink wine, but if the opportunity comes I need to leave my options open.
3. I've not said too much on here about Mary our exchange student. ( I generally save that for friendly group texts :) ) It has been an interesting experience to say the least. She has some spring break plans that are way above her age and maturity level. I'm not going to share the specifics on here in case any "bad guys" are reading today, but let's just say she is doing something my pretty independent almost 16 and 18 year olds would not dream of. On the other hand I'm picking her up from school early today because she is not feeling well. She has told me before that she has a "poor constitution", and I have come to her rescue in this department on numerous occasions, but somehow her 14 year old mind thinks that she will be ready to be an adult for spring break. Her parents have given her full permission for this adventure, so don't think I'm doing something wrong or anything.
4. I just went to pick up Mary and now I'm back.
5. #4 was lame I know!
6. I think I'm going to get my haircut soon. Like maybe in an hour. I've been tossing this idea around for a while, but I just made the official decision, one minute ago.
7. My car battery died on Wednesday. It's a long drawn out story, but the short version is that we almost had to get the car towed yesterday morning, but the AAA guy was able to start it and in the end we only needed a battery. Our pilot is new enough to have all kinds of fancy features and old enough to not function terribly easily, so with a new battery we needed a new code for the GPS and a different code for the radio. Well the GPS one was found quickly and that was fine. We were radio less for about 24 hours (only about 15 minutes of which I was actually in the car), and I'm mildly addicted to both the 80s station and The Catholic Channel, so it was a tough 24 hours (15 minutes). I found the code today, and you'll be happy to know we're back in business. I got it working just in time to hear a song I had completely forgotten about. In case you were wondering it was on the 80s station not the Catholic Channel. I'm not sure if Cindy is still reading blogs, but she's very likely the only person who will remember this song. Don't you just love you tube for things like this?? I am listening to this song while I finish this. And now the song is done and so am I.
See you tomorrow with short hair!
In the meantime go read more quick takes.