Friday, February 7, 2014
7 QTs what I'm reading...
1. I think I heard somewhere once that reading more than one book at a time (not the exact same time) is good for your brain. Just like Sudoku and occasionally brushing my teeth with my wrong hand, I like to do what I can to help my brain. Sometimes I go overboard. I am reading enough books right now that I can fill a quick takes post with them. The first one I mentioned yesterday and it doesn't really count as overboard because it is just a one page a day think, pray, act kind of thing. Small Steps for Catholic Moms.
2. Numero dos will be done this weekend and is a book that a friend recommended. Where'd You Go Bernadette. There's a lot to talk about in this book. If I were a 'real blogger' in addition to these amazon links, I'd be some kind of an affiliate and get a penny or two if you bought one of these, but I'm not, so I won't. This means I get nothing if you buy or read any of these. If you do though, let me know so we can talk about them.
3. Floors. This is a sunshine state book that I'm reading with Jake. It's pretty good, and looks like it is/ will be a series.
4. Is an oldie that I've never read... Screwtape Letters. I'm not very far along in this, I'm just reading a letter or two every few days. Next up in this category will be Mere Christianity also by CS Lewis.
5. By What Authority. I think I borrowed this one from Kirsten about 5 years ago. Well I'm almost done with it :) !
6. Lastly another book that is meant to be read a little at a time, I picked this up at the library.
7. And here's a bonus... two books that I am so looking forward to reading, both come out this spring. Girl at the End of the World and Something other than God.
More quick takes are in the usual place.