Friday, February 7, 2014

7 QTs what I'm reading...





1. I think I heard somewhere once that reading more than one book at a time (not the exact same time) is good for your brain.  Just like Sudoku and occasionally brushing my teeth with my wrong hand, I like to do what I can to help my brain.  Sometimes I go overboard.  I am reading enough books right now that I can fill a quick takes post with them.  The first one I mentioned yesterday and it doesn't really count as overboard because it is just a one page a day think, pray, act kind of thing.  Small Steps for Catholic Moms.


2. Numero dos will be done this weekend and is a book that a friend recommended.  Where'd You Go Bernadette.  There's a lot to talk about in this book.  If I were a 'real blogger' in addition to these amazon links, I'd be some kind of an affiliate and get a penny or two if you bought one of these, but I'm not, so I won't.  This means I get nothing if you buy or read any of these.  If you do though, let me know so we can talk about them.

3. Floors.  This is a sunshine state book that I'm reading with Jake.  It's pretty good, and looks like it is/ will be a series.

4.  Is an oldie that I've never read... Screwtape Letters.  I'm not very far along in this, I'm just reading a letter or two every few days.  Next up in this category will be Mere Christianity also by CS Lewis.


5.  By What Authority.  I think I borrowed this one from Kirsten about 5 years ago.  Well I'm almost done with it :) !

6. Lastly another book that is meant to be read a little at a time, I picked this up at the library. 


7. And here's a bonus... two books that I am so looking forward to reading, both come out this spring.  Girl at the End of the World and Something other than God.


More quick takes are in the usual place.

No comments: