Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Madi is 11!!
Here are 11 things about Madi in honor of her 11th birthday...
1. Madi's birth was the best thing about the 3 years we lived back in CT, we had a great doctor who had just finished his residency, I labored in a hot tub, had a doula (and later became a doula), and Mike got to catch Madi.
2. She was the sweetest easiest baby. Jonathan had a lot of health issues during Madi's first year and she was so content to just nurse and be along for the ride (in the sling)...her Baptism even had to be postponed because Jonathan had a seizure that morning.
3. We moved to Florda when she was 9 months old and closed on our first Florida house on her first birthday.
4. When she was a toddler, Meme asked her where she got her pretty face and she replied, "at the 'lib-ary'".
5. She has a tender heart.
6. She has a great love for God and the Catholic Church, and she's a wiz at memorizing Bible verses.
7. She loves young children and already babysits. (she's babysitting right now)
8. She is everyone's best friend.
9. Madi loves life and everything she is involved in...Theatre, AWANA, CCD, Homeschool PE, mother-daughter bookclub, Catholic bookclub, being with friends, being with family, watching Dancing with the Stars and American Idol... everything.
10. She is a picky eater and after much debate (she has a hard time with minor decisions) we are having "breakfast" for her birthday dinner including sausage and cottage cheese pancakes.
11. I love her so much and am so proud of her. There is so much more to say about her. She is so good to Jake and best friends with Jonathan (most of the time)...she likes for Jonathan to be "older than she is" and have more opportunities-- in other words she enjoys being both the little sister and the big sister. She is a natural on stage, and one of my favorite things in the world is to watch her up there doing her thing!
Happy Birthday Madison Marie!!