Friday, December 19, 2008

Sickness, superstition and other trains of thought

I'm not superstitious, but just the same I didn't blog about the fact that Madi was throwing up on Saturday morning when she was going to be Annie for the last time on Sunday. Prayers, a day of rest, and nothing to eat except popsicles were enough to get her back on track and she was her old self by Saturday evening. Annie went off without a hitch. I also avoided blogging about the fact that we were exposed to head lice just before the opening of Annie. How often does a ten year old need to share a wig with someone?! A lot of head checking and prayers got us over that hump too. And guess what, the boys didn't get sick either. That brings us to today...Madi is throwing up again! (Sorry to all of you we've seen since Sunday!!) I have no idea what this is all about. I was assuming that it was a pretty short virus that other people we know have also had, but again 6 days later? I've been fighting flu-like symptoms for the past few days (not digestive, just scratchy throat headache, etc), Jonathan was pretty stuffed up for a few days, weird weird weird! It's like there is some kind of bug going around that just hits everyone differently.

In the meantime we've managed to expose our germs to plenty of people with the various Christmas activities this week...

...like the Happy Birthday Jesus party, we didn't just go we made the cakes too...we're really generous with our germs!

It's a good thing we homeschool so we aren't around too many kids..haha. Actually the party was kept small this year! I got to run over the cake to see a video and find out all about that go to Tiffany's blog!


Then we figured in case we didn't infect enough people on Tuesday we got together with some of our closest friends again on Wednesday to make crafts for the nursing home we are visiting next week (lets hope we aren't giving out germs there as well).

7 comments:

ann marie said...

Poor Maddy! Sick twice in one week. That happened to Kate before, too. It is not pleasant. I am glad you guys mentioned this nursing home visit because I forgot completely! I would have only remembered on Sunday when I realized we have two things planned on one day and I am going to be seriously nervous about all those plans! Oh my, you may have to talk me down since you will be lucky enough to see me at both events. Lucky you! I hope Maddy feels better and that you all stay well.

ann marie said...

oh, by the way, thank you for making those cakes for the party...the girls said they were good

Julie said...

Ann Marie, don't forget Christmas Eve play rehersal...I'll see you at THREE things on Monday!!

ann marie said...

AAAHHHHHHH! OH MY WORD! OH MY WORD!!! I am not kidding when I say my heart is racing right now. Oh dear, oh dear, deep breath!

Leisa said...

Julie ,

We must have the same bug. I had the stomach thing Monday, then a few days of just being tired, then flu/cold symptoms and my stomach hurts again. So it must be some weird virus.

Cindy said...

It's a shame you guys all homeschool and your kids don't get to 'socialize" with other kids! LOL And that's small?! It looks like you all had a lot of fun! Glad Madi's feeling better and hope you all stay healthy!

Amy said...

Sorry about the bug. Please tell Maddy that I just watched her Annie videos and that I am very envious. I can't tell you how many times I sang "Tomorrow" as a little girl. I really wanted to be Annie and Maddy did an incredible job! Hope she is feeling better and I miss you.