Monday, May 11, 2009

Daybook



For today Monday May 11, 2009.

Outside my window...it is hot and sunny, it is smokey outside, the wildfires are starting.

I am thinking...about plans for May and June and trying to keep my head from exploding. This is such a busy time of year (even busier than our usual busy). I've never been good a writing things down, but it is nearly impossible to keep it all straight in my head...who's doing kids college? when? Who's doing what VBS? where? and when? Who's doing what session of Theatre? [these are just retorical questions right now...I'm just trying to keep my own kids straight never mind figuring out who else is doing what]

I am thankful...for so many opportunites for my kids.

From the kitchen...we just had chocolate chip pancakes.

From the learning rooms...Grampa Carlie told the kids all about Vietnam yesterday. Jake still has to finish up Very Last First Time...although we saw a lot of ocean stuff first hand at the beach this weekend--like tides etc. He will either do Storm in the Night or The Glorious Flight next we've got them both out of the library right now.

I'm creating...still educated kids...no time for creating anything else.

I am wearing... still jammies.

I am reading... A Father Who Keeps His Promises by Scott Hahn.

I am hoping...that Jake doesn't need glasses, he's been squinting and blinking a lot, he and Madi are both getting their eyes examined today.

I am hearing...Jonathan getting in the shower and Madi trying to decide what to wear that won't hurt her sunburned legs...you'd think with my skin situation, I'd do a better job of not letting my kids get burned.

Around the house... Laundry is in full swing...one load on the line (even though it is going to smell like smoke), one load in the dryer, one load in the washer....it never ends...

One of my favorite things...fresh sqeezed OJ...I just had some.

I am going...crazy...wanna come?

A few plans for the rest of the week...Two kids at the Eye Doctor today, usual crazy busy Tuesday, regular semi-busy Wednesday, I can't even get my head straight enough to continue because while typing this I've already realized I have a few more "double booked" days (i.e. we can't be at he beach and Madi's art class at the same time) and I've got to get those strightened out. To answer the age-old socialization question..."Yes, socialization is a problem for us homeschoolers we are TOO BUSY!!"

A picture thought...

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I'm glad it's not just me who feels like the laundry is never-ending! HAve a good week!