Saturday, June 20, 2009

on the road

Here I am in a hotel room on Mike's blackberry, waiting for my family to get ready so we can explore a little bit of our nation's capital. We left for our trip after VBS and Theatre on Thursday (Jonathan is going to be the Dad, Mr MacAffe in Bye Bye Birdie). We made it to Florence, SC before stopping for the night. Yesterday we continued north and as usual spent too much time in suburban DC traffic. We finally made it to our (very nice) hotel in time to ride the METRO and explore the Smithsonian's Museum of American History. Then we had great pizza at Burtucci's. Last night Mike and I watched Twilight (it's relatively close to the book). This morning Jake and Madi swam in the rooftop pool, and now we are heading out for a little more exploring in the rain before heading to Grandpa Sal's.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I was hoping you would post while on your trip. Enjoy!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a great vaca so far! I want to see Twilight...I need to find someone who has a copy. I'm sure someone we know owns it whether want to admit it or not.
A rooftop pool sounds great!
Keep posting!!