Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer time mode

Well, we finished Story of the World yesterday and I'm defintely in Summer time mode. I love the schoolwork that we do and often get frustrated that other things come up and get in the way of our "doing school". However, since it is summer, I'm going to embrace it at least for a little while. We still have some science to finish, and ideally the kids will each do some math once or twice a week. (not to mention all the reading) But for our first day of summer vacation, I'd say I've taken to it pretty well, I finished one book and started two others, I've played "smoothy moves" on webkins to get some money for Jake's sick pets, I did some sodokus, and I've started a puzzle. Jonathan is spending a few days at Meme and Grampa Carlie's. Jake had a friend sleep over last night, and Madi's got one here tonight. I'm geering up for some summer house projects, but in the meantime this unwinding is feeling pretty good.

4 comments:

crispy said...

Do you do Story of the World AND My Father's World? Just wondering?

Enjoy your break...I think we all need a little break.

Julie said...

Crispy, Story of the World is part of My Father's World...last year Vol 3 was included in Exploration to 1850, and this year Vol 4 went with 1850 to Modern Times. Next year we are going back in time to the Middle Ages and we are just doing Story of the World (and the activity book which suggests extra readings, games, etc) we are not doing My Father's World next year.

Smith Schoolhouse said...

OH yeah- puzzles- what a great way to pass the "expectancy" time that I have left. I think i will start one today.

Unknown said...

So, are Jake's pets still sick?? :)