Sunday, August 31, 2008

17 years ago today...

Mike and I went on our first date. We went to see the band that his brother played in. The date didn't start until 9:00. I had to meet him in his dorm room. When I got there his door was open and he was looking out the window. He was wearing tan pants and a navy blue golf shirt. He doesn't remember this, but he didn't even buy my drink (a wine cooler that the bartender made by mixing wine and 7up--Mike got one too, he paid for his own). At least he drove, and I think he held the door open for me. On the way he told me he was a Yankee fan (and I debated getting out of the car right then...I've been a Red Sox fan since third grade). He didn't care so much that I was a Red Sox fan (the Red Sox weren't much of a threat to the Yankees then), but he wasn't too sure about me when I told him I liked Barry Mannilow. I'm not even sure why I told him that, I do like Barry Mannilow, but of all the musical groups I've ever liked, I'm not sure why he was who I picked to talk about that night. We've come along way!

13 years ago today our first neice, Sarah, was born. She is a teenager today. I was 8 months pregnant with Jonathan when Sarah was born. In 32 days I will be the parent of a teenager!

3 comments:

ann marie said...

That is funny that you wrote about your first date...I just wrote something similar about me and Greg last night and when I saw this I laughed. It is very cute about the drinks. Isn't it funny to think how two people end up together. I love hearing these things. Congratulations on all of your years together and on being a mom all these years.

Cindy said...

Was that before or after we got the floor tickets for Barry Manilow from Paul?! Maybe that's why it was on your mind. But it's so true that you say things and then later can't imagine why you would have said them Certainly not to be written in a blog seventeen years later! I can't believe Jonathan will be 13!

Meme said...

Happy Anniversary to a wonderful couple, if I do say so myself...We love you both....Meme xx