Monday, August 25, 2008

Daybook



A Simple Woman's Daybook for today, August 25, 2008 to particitpate go here.



Outside my window...it is sunny, clear, and beautiful.



I am thinking...about how sore my legs are going to be, Mike and I went for a bike ride last night and another one this morning! It is fun, but hard on our hills. It is easier for me to get out of bed with plans of a bike ride than it is for a walk though. (hopefully the novelty won't wear off...we bought the bikes from neighbors about 2 years ago, but haven't used them much at all)



I am thankful...that we got so much done this weekend. I think I mentioned that when Mike found that the attic was leaking, he also found that we have much more storage space up there than we thought we did. We spent yesterday laying boards up there (I was the one in the 200 degree attic) and moving stuff out of the garge into the attic. We were even able to get a car in the garage (we've done that even less than we've ridden our bikes!). I'm also thankful that the attic and family room carpet are both dry now (the family room courtesy of our new dehumidifier).



From the kitchen...I've got pinto beans in the crockpot for my first attempt at making refried beans. Right now the kids are having "tea party" (AKA school snack) down there, while I've snuck upstairs to update my daybook.


From the learning rooms...Jonathan and Madi have already done Language Arts, History (a review of Colonial days), and Religion, Jonathan has done some reading and Madi has done some math. It is time for me to get my butt off the computer and do some work with Jake!!


I am creating...nice kids!!?!



I am going...to take the kids to Barnes and Noble this afternoon to get the free books that they earned from the summer reading program. We are then going to meet Mike at Diseny (EPCOT probably) because he is at a conference in Orlando that gets done at four. The kids don't know this yet. Aren't we so spoiled to have Disney passes??




I am wearing...the usual, shorts and Tshirt.



I am reading...Caddie Woodlawn.



I am hoping...that the kids are super cooperative and deserve the reward of going to Disney because we are going anyway.



I am hearing...same radio, same station. (these questions are getting a little boring)



Around the house...Jake's room is a mess, but everything else is pretty good. Jake's back on the Schoolhouse Rock kick, because we got the DVD of all the songs at Target for $10 this week. He and his stuffed animals and the people from guess who are busy creating the set (his room), his Guys and Dolls props are still out too (dice, cards, hats, shirts, vests, and ties) and his Wizard of Oz stuff, AND all of the more typical 5 year old toys too (blocks, games, books...)...a true work in progress.



One of my favorite things... Disney.



A few plans for the rest of the week... school work, bike rides, date night on Wednesday when the kids have AWANA, babysitting a new baby on Thur and Fri (he's 8 monthds old, but new to us).



A picture thought I am sharing...the attic!!!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I know what you mean about the bikes...we got bikes when Tucker got his first bike when he was 4, with all intentions of riding as a family. We've gone a couple of times but not as often as I would have liked...mostly because I'm so sore the next few days!!

Cheryl said...

I love that... I am creating nice kids... you go mom!!

ann marie said...

I agree...you are creating nice kids. They are very sweet.