Monday, September 15, 2008

daybook


For Today...Monday September 15th.

Outside my Window...The sun is already high up in the sky and I have not yet started my day.

I am thinking...about what a fun, whirlwind weekend it was, and how we are having a day of rest today.

From the learning rooms...just reading and math for the next two days because we are on a mini fall break. Jonathan spent all day Saturday in New York City and learned a ton! He will be writing about it.

I am thankful for...our safe and comfortable home!

From the kitchen...something with tomatoes because Grandma Marge sent us home with a ton from her garden (we brought up some lemons for her).

I am wearing...jammies still (sshhh, it's almost 11:00).

I am going to start reading a Jodi Picoult book today when I am finished with blogs.

I am hoping...for a calm week.

I am creating...piles of clean laundry.

I am hearing...not much, Jonathan is building his new playmobile airport terminal that he got at the Toys R Us in Timesquare. The other two are also playing quietly. This morning when I was trying to sleep, though, I did hear a very loud "There's a frog in the family room!" Jonathan managed to get it outside, and I stayed in bed.

Around the house...lots of laundry. (another Monday with suitcases strewn all over from a weekend away).

One of my favorite things...a day of rest.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...sleeping at a fun hotel tonight with Tiffany and her kids and Disney (Hollywood Studios I think) tomorrow. Then getting back into some amount of normalcy for the rest of the week. (although I guess packed fun-filled days really are our normal).

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... The bakery in Mike's mother's town that makes the best jelly doughnut ever!




To participate go here.

1 comment:

Kelly Simmons said...

If you like Jodi Picoult you might like my book --I'm published by the same team. STANDING STILL, by Kelly Simmons. You can download a free chapter on my website bykellysimmons.com Thanks for listening --and don't worry about the laundry, it's too beautiful a day to do it!!