Sunday, September 28, 2008



If you haven't yet done the daybook, now is the time...go here.

For Today...Sunday night Sept 28, once again I'm doing this 12 hours early.

Outside my Window...It is dark.

I am thinking...about our "Auntie" who passed away four years ago today and how much we miss her.

I am also thinking...I am pretty sure I'm not a conformist even though I do the daybook. (I don't think I'm simple either)

From the learning rooms... Jonathan and Madi--Civil War and Energy for history and science, plugging along in the other subjects. Jake will be on Day 28 of his curriculum tomorrow, he is having no problems (academically speaking) with the first grade work. (Behaviorally Jake is another story altogether)

I am thankful for...my parents who spent the day with us today.

From the kitchen...milled wheat pancakes for breakfast this morning (and some left over for tomorrow). We had ribs, broccoli, salad, (Jonathan has become a pro at making dressing) and mashed potatoes ( used both crock pots) tonight and we'll have the rest of the potatoes for shepherd's pie tomorrow.

I am wearing...jammies.

I am reading...I just pulled Raising your Spirited Child, The Discipline Book, and How to Talk so your Kids will Listen and Listen so your Kids will Talk off of my bookshelf the other night. I plan to look through them in the hope of gleening some wisdom for what to do about Jake's difficult behavior as of late. I'm on the waiting list for two Jodi Picoult books from the library.


I am hoping...that my family stays healthy all year!

I am creating...DIRT...and I'm excited about it. We've been attempting to compost for about 6 months, but weren't doing anything other than throwing our food garbage into a big pile in the back corner of our yard...guess what it is actually working!!

I am hearing...peace and quiet and loving every minute of it.

Around the house...everyone's in bed.

One of my favorite things...Ben and Jerry's coffee heath bar ice cream (BOGO this week at Publix).

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...the usual school work, babysitting, Theatre, etc plus...I become the mother of a teenager this week...a pretty big deal I think!!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

This picture is to remind me that Jake really does have a generous heart (hidden in there somewhere). Here he is sharing his headphones and some other goodies in his backpack with some friends.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Jake will be okay... just keep in prayer and being consistent...

you'll love being the mother of a teenager.

ann marie said...

i like the orange fall background color
we have our ups and downs with anthony...he is at his worst when going through big changes
i agree with chewhi with the prayer thing too...

Wendy said...

Thank you for sharing your Daybook entry with us. I look forward to reading more, especially about your homeschooling. (I wish I could have you ship me some of that BOGO Ben & Jerry's!!)

Sweet Woodruff said...

I was a spirited child and I can tell you those books won't help. Just kidding. LOL Just keep them covered with lots of prayers. I turned out ok. :)